- DraftAuditProfess.pdf0.17 MB
The Minister of Finance has released the draft Auditing Profession Bill for public comment.
The draft Bill aims to:
- introduce a more comprehensive and modern legislative framework for regulating the auditing profession than the Public Accountants’ and Auditors’ Board Act, 80 of 1991 and will repeal this Act;
- improve the integrity of South Africa’s financial sector and financial reporting by ensuring that there is effective oversight with regard to the auditing profession as a whole; and
- introduce measures to ensure that potential conflicts of interest between auditors and their clients are minimized; and
- facilitate swift and appropriate actions to rectify a situation in the event that circumstances give rise to an undermining of the independence of an auditor.