Transport Maintenance Manager
Job Title :Transport Maintenance Manager
Application Closing Date 01-Oct-2014
- Job Type Permanent
- Location - Town / City Langlaagte
- Location - Province Gauteng
- Location - Country South Africa
Key Purpose To manage the maintenance of the bulk delivery fleet in line with all company and statutory requirements and so doing reduce risk and enhance customer satisfaction activities.
- Workshop Operational Management
- Vehicle maintenance planning
- People Management
- Specific Outcomes - Managed Workshops
- SLA’s met
- Most Competent People
- Education & Experience Matric or equivalent
- National Diploma in Diesel Mechanic and / or Degree (B-Tech)
- Qualified diesel mechanic with minimum 5 to 10 years post trade test experience
- Minimum of 5 year in a workshop supervisory position
- Broad understanding of depot operation process
- Able to travel domestic.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes Knowledge:
•Broad understanding of the Commercial and Retail petroleum industry
•In depth understanding of the fundamentals of business, with special reference to Fleet management systems
•In depth understanding of Depot Operation Processes
•Industrial Relations management
•In depth understanding of COF Business Processes
•Broad understanding of marketing principles
•Negotiation / Mediation and Conflict Resolution Skills
•Communication (verbal, written & presentations).
•High computer proficiency
•Networking (ability to establish and maintain effective networks and relationships )
•Attention to detail
- The appointment will be made in line with Engen’s Employment Equity Strategy.
- All applications must be submitted to the contact person/numbers provided & in the manner requested.
- If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
- Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
- Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please fill in the application question(s) below:
- Are you currently an Engen employee?
- If yes, have you discussed your application for this position with your direct Line Manager? (Non-Engen employees select "Not Applicable")
- Please provide the date and nature of the discussion with your Line Manager? (Non-Engen employees insert "N/A")
- Please confirm your current monthly salary (nett)?
- Do you have matric or equivalent?
- Do you have a National Diploma in Diesel Mechanic and / or Degree (B-Tech)?
- 10 years post Trade Test experience as a qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- Do you have a trade test certificate before 2004?
- Do you have minimum of 5 year's workshop/transport supervisory experience?
- Do you have experience in the Petrochemical Commercial and Retail petroleum industry