juwi Renewable Energies (Pty) Ltd is a full-service project developer and EPC, a subsidiary of the juwi Group, one of the world’s leading companies in renewable energy power production. Our vision is that of 100% clean energy provision, security of supply and independence from erratic energy imports. We focus on the wind and solar energy sectors in South Africa and have shown tremendous growth since opening in South Africa in 2010.
We are looking for you as a SCADA System Technician
The SCADA System Technician will be responsible for providing expertise input and specialized support services, on all aspects of SCADA systems, during the engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and operation & maintenance phases of renewable energy plants (focusing on PV plants), throughout the EMEA region. The Technician will be based in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Provide specialized input in the conceptual design, drafting of specifications and technical evaluation of SCADA systems for new plants, in accordance with the requirements of juwi, the client and the local grid requirements. Provide input in the engineering and configuration / customization of SCADA systems for projects of high complexity (hybrid or off-grid plants)
- Support the design and optimization of the plant´s communication network and the selection of the appropriate components (switches, converters, routers, etc)
- Support the installation of the SCADA and associated equipment
- Support the commissioning of the abovementioned equipment, being present on-site. Supervise the suppliers & subcontractors in this process, ensuring the correct integration of all sensors and controls in the SCADA system
- Configure and customize the portal of the SCADA system and educate the monitoring operators in its use
- Support any queries regarding both on-site hardware and software/data (loss of communication, data gaps and retrieval, etc) during the operational phase, including troubleshooting, repairing and modifying (either on site or remotely, through VPN access)
- Periodically visit the plants (mainly in South Africa), inspecting, maintaining and upgrading the SCADA and other related signal/communication related equipment (including CCTV networks)
- Liaise with SCADA suppliers, internal specialists and local O&M teams
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Technical training in Electrical Engineering or IT / Communication Networks
- Experience in working with industrial SCADA systems (including programming them)
- Experience in the design, installation and troubleshooting of communication networks of industrial scale
- Experience in the support of remote monitoring systems of PV plants
- Experience in Substation networks and controls would be highly beneficial
- Good communicator on an international level
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel within South Africa (30%) and EMEA region (15%), spending time on the PV plants
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Start date:AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
To apply, please send us your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including cover letter, full CV and credentials (related to school, university, work etc.) and stating your salary expectation. Please insert the job title in the email Subject Line.
We are looking forward to your energy!