Parliament’s portfolio committee on communications on Tuesday adopted a list of five people to serve as the interim board of the embattled South African Broadcasting Corporation.
The five names to be recommended are:
– Krish Naidoo (former SABC board member who resigned last year);
– Febe Potgieter-Nqubule (former deputy chief of staff for African Union Commission Chair);
– Khanyisile Kweyama (former Business Unity South Africa chief executive)
– Mathatha Tsedu (veteran journalist and Wits journalism professor); and
– John Mattison (University of Cape town professor of media studies).
The committee is expected to finalise its report on the interim board next Tuesday before its submitted to the National Assembly for approval.