MEMSA (Mining Equipment Manufacturers of SA) is seeking to engage an energetic self-starter as its CEO and programmes manager to grow the cluster and engage with the outcomes of the Mining Phakisa, particularly developing the mining supply-chains and the technology work-streams of the new Mining Precinct PPP with the Chamber of Mines.
MEMSA is a non-profit company (NPC) and its offices are located within the Mining Precinct in Auckland Park (the old COMRO, CSIR: Miningtek campus). It benefits from the dti Cluster Development Programme (CDP) and it currently employs a part time project manager, an office administrator and intern (for more info see www.memsa.org.za).
- Liaise with MEMSA’s members and the MEMSA programmes (Task Teams), in particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following programmes: Localisation and Supply Chain Development, the Test/Mine Sites Programme, the Technology Development Programme and the Manufacturing Excellence programme;
- Oversight of the other MEMSA programmes (Marketing, Networking & Information, Skills Development);
- Database development: Finalisation of the mining equipment manufacturers database, the development of a (limited scope) component manufacturers’ database and work with the dti and the Chamber on the development of the mining procurement database;
- Identification of factors constraining the development of local supply chains related to the mining equipment manufacturing industry;
- Liaise with the MEMSA partners: the Mining Precinct, government (the dti, DST, DMR), The Chamber of Mines, SACEEC/SAMPEC and MEMSA equivalents in key African markets, for the purpose of advocacy and the identification and development of areas of MEMSA cooperation and synergy;
- Coordinate MEMSA and MEMSA members participation in the Mining Precinct work-steams;
- Assist MEMSA members as directed by the Board;
- Manage and oversee implementation of the dti CDP Agreement, and related reporting;
- Manage and/or oversee human, physical and information resources in the MEMSA office;
- Manage and/or oversee financial resources, record keeping and reporting in the MEMSA office;
- Develop and oversee implementation of annual and quarterly strategic plans, with guidance and input from the MEMSA Board;
- Participate on the MEMSA Board;
- Expansion of MEMSA (recruitment of additional members).
- Networking and relationship building skills applicable to both the private sector and government;
- Managerial skills and experience;
- Project management and reporting;
- Mining technology development and/or mining machinery manufacturing.
- Minimum qualification: engineering degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in either mining or capital goods (machinery & equipment) manufacturing;
- Experience in technology development (R&D) would be advantageous;
- Established networks (contacts) within the mining industry would also be advantageous.
Please send CV and a brief motivation on why you would be suitable for this job to the MEMSA office at email@example.com by 1 May 2018, call 011 358 0001 with any queries.