The Democratic Alliance in North West today has again written to the Public Protector to inquire on the status of our application to see the results of all forensic audits in the province.
We notice that Premier Supra Mahumapelo suddenly contracted forensic report-fever and that he developed this condition shortly after Jacob Zuma was forced by the ANC to vacate his office as President.
For the past ten years we asked the Premier and his friends to table full forensic audit reports in the North West Provincial Legislature. This was simply refused by the majority.
We called in the help of the public protector nearly a year ago but to date have not received any feedback.
We brought applications for the forensic audit reports on investigations commissioned by the Premier:
- The report of Gobodo Chartered Accountants to investigate the Health Office Park;
- The report of Mochabapula to investigate maladministration in the Human Resource Management and Legal Services division;
- The report of Mukulaha Legal to investigate the illegal permits for the hunting of rhinos and elephants;
- The Price Waterhouse Coopers Inc. report where they investigated Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality (including all municipalities in its jurisdiction) and Ditsobotla Local Municipality;
- The report from Open Water Advanced Risk Solutions to investigate the City of Matlosana as well as the investigation in the Naledi Local Municipality;
- The report from Nexus Forensics on their investigations into Mmabana Arts;
- The report of Sizw Ntsaluba Gobodo with the report on North West Parks Tourism;
- Morar Inc. findings on their investigations into the North West Development Corporation;
- The report from Nexus Forensics on the Office of the Premier to investigate fruitless and wasteful expenditure;
- Gobodo Forensic and Investigation Accounting’s finding on the procurement of a new office building for the Department of Health;
- The results of the investigation of Price Waterhouse Coopers who investigated corruption in mega farm schools;
- The report by the Public Protector about the appointment of Morake Attorneys to initiate disciplinary action against Departmental Managers;
- Investigations to investigate the selling of posts to foreign nationals in the Department of Education; and
- The outcomes and report after an investigation of medical equipment for Moses Kotane and Joe Morolong hospitals – further extended to cover procurement of a warehouse system for central medical stores.
We expect the Premier who has now suddenly is shown an appetite to act against corrupt officials and politicians will come forward and table the full reports.
For years we are asking for full transparency and insight into forensic and financial audit reports.
Several requests have been made to the Premier to at least table the full reports in the Provincial Legislature. But they only sent out a list of reports, instead of the content.
We are not interested in one-sided, two sentence summaries. We want the actual, comprehensive reports.
The Premier flatly refuses to share the damning forensic reports that have been commissioned by his office of provincial departments, provincial entities, municipalities, and municipal entities.
We are convinced these investigations are only a lame attempt to mislead the public to believe that the ANC cares about corruption.
In fact, the ANC is not prepared to act on these reports because they implicated.
It is time for Total Change and a new beginning for the North West. We need a caring and corrupt-free government.
Issued by DA